unclug - [unclug] RHCE study group

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Palmer, Cristóbal <cmpalmer AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "ctc AT listserv.unc.edu" <ctc AT listserv.unc.edu>, "unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org" <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [unclug] RHCE study group
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:42:00 +0000

Greetings CTC folks and UNC-based Linux enthusiasts,

Kyle (CC'd) and I have decided we would like to re-invest in our Red Hat
Enterprise Linux knowledge by having a regular RHCE study group. We have not
yet selected a text, and we had discussed having both lunch meetings and
evening meetings depending on interest level. If we were to have both, the
same material would be covered at each. The idea would be that Kyle and I
would lead/moderate early meetings, but later meetings could be lead by a
subject area expert on campus or by somebody who would like to become such an
expert.

So, the first step is to get a sense of who would like to be involved and at
what time(s). Please write to me directly if you are even marginally
interested in participating, and let me know the following:

* What time (lunch or evening) works best for you.
* Where on campus (or in Carrboro in the case of an evening meeting) works
best for you, and whether you could host.
* What RHCE subject area(s) you are most interested in attending a meeting
about.
* What RHCE subject area(s) you would like to lead a meeting about.

My goal is to start proposing times and locations on Monday, so you have the
weekend to think about this. If you have any questions or concerns, please do
contact me.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
Systems Administrator with Enterprise Systems