unclug - [unclug] installing OpenAFS on ubuntu 9.04 jaunty

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT unc.edu>
  • To: Dan Blanchette <dan_blanchette AT unc.edu>, unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [unclug] installing OpenAFS on ubuntu 9.04 jaunty
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 15:03:55 -0400 (EDT)

I'm running

$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=9.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=jaunty
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 9.04"
$ uname -rv
2.6.28-15-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Tue Aug 18 18:40:08 UTC 2009

dualbooted with winxp, which runs OpenAFS. I'd like to get that
working on the xubuntu side. I notice

http://help.unc.edu/6387

http://help.unc.edu/5513

> [2] UNC AFS installation for Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06 LTS
http://help.unc.edu/6370

Option 1 is newer, but is for RHEL; option 2 is downlevel, but is
written for an ubuntu. I'm wondering, is there another source of
UNC-oriented instructions for installing OpenAFS on jaunty? If not,
which of the above would be better to use? (Option 2 also says

http://help.unc.edu/6370
> I welcome any comments or corrections. Please send me an email to
> dan_blanchette -at- unc -dot- edu

so apologies in advance for just asking a question.)

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>