unclug - Re: [unclug] jaunty stories?

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: dsandif <dsandif AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] jaunty stories?
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:28:50 -0400

I had some issues with getting the network settings configured, ended up doing it by command line first, then I uninstalled the on-board network manager and used Wicd Network manager for a GUI NM. Other than that, I've got a workstation and a server up and running. Gonna try and setup a VM on the workstation to see how well it functions in the jaunty environment later.

D-

Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
How are people getting on with Ubuntu Jaunty?

I know at least one person had a video regression.... anybody else
having problems? Any new awesome stuff you'd like to share?

I've been having a good time with byobu (a system for doing some fancy
things with GNU screen profiles), but I've been doing that on Hardy
with the PPA:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/byobu/ppa/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/byobu/ppa/ubuntu hardy main

Cheers,