unclug - [unclug] Software Freedom Day

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: "Douglas A. Whitfield" <whitdoug AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'UNC Linux Users Group'" <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [unclug] Software Freedom Day
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:07:12 -0400

Thought you all might be interested in this:

“What is Software Freedom Day?

Software Freedom Day (SFD) is a worldwide celebration of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS). Our goal in this celebration is to educate the worldwide public about of the benefits of using high quality FOSS in education, in government, at home, and in business -- in short, everywhere! The non-profit company Software Freedom International provides guidance in organizing SFD, but volunteer teams around the world organize their own SFD events to impact their own communities.

Many thanks to our Sponsors and Supporters without whom we could not make such an event happen.

·         Find out more about Software Freedom International and SFD.

·         Read about how Software Freedom underpins your human rights from our President, Pia Waugh

·         This Go-OpenSource FAQ has a lot of good information as well.

·         Also find out more about Free Software

-        http://softwarefreedomday.org/

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you’d like to help out.  We’ve got several staff members and students on our listserv as well as 94 people in our facebook group (http://unc.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2232238246).

Thank you,

Douglas A. Whitfield

IT Student Assistant

Mon, Wed, Thurs 9-5 until July 5th

Development Office

208 West Franklin Street, CB# 6100

Office (Server Room): 919-843-3226

Cell: 919-360-0306

Carolina Open Source Initiative Co-President

Carolina-opensource AT listserv.unc.edu

http://softwarefreedomday.org/

http://www.ibiblio.org/cosi

  • [unclug] Software Freedom Day, Douglas A. Whitfield, 06/01/2007