unclug - Re: [unclug] new listserv and facebook group

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Jeff Bollinger <jeff01 AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] new listserv and facebook group
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:11:14 -0500

Douglas A. Whitfield wrote:
> Good question Jeff!
>
> Last I checked, Linux was Open Source, so an Open Source group applies to
> Linux. However, Linux isn't the only Open Source OS/App in the world.

Yes, I'm well aware of this. An open source support group is a great
idea. I just take issue with:

> This might be a little premature, but my campaign website goes live
> tomorrow and is being pubbed by the DTH
> (http://media.www.dailytarheel.com/media/storage/paper885/news/2007/02/02/Opinion/Information.Underload-2692938.shtml?sourcedomain=www.dailytarheel.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com)
> so I need to get some members in the facebook group, and fast!

You might be surprised to know that this list isn't ONLY for students,
but also support personnel and other professionals in the UNC community.

This is clearly stated in the 'welcome' message to the list:

> This mailing list is for people interested in receiving and contributing
> community support for Linux and Linux applications on the UNC campus. You
> *must* subscribe using a UNC e-mail address.

and:

> This mailing list is for people interested in receiving and contributing
> community support for Linux and Linux applications on the UNC campus. You
> *must* subscribe using a UNC e-mail address.

So, basically there are many on the list who are here for technical
support and information on Linux (and Linux apps) specifically and could
really care less about student elections, graduate or otherwise.

Thanks,
Jeff
(list admin)