unclug - Re: [unclug] UNCLUG IRC?

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Faheem Mitha <faheem AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] UNCLUG IRC?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:51:26 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Cristobal Palmer wrote:

It would be rather low traffic, if the mailing list is anything to go
by...

Come to think of it, could we perhaps attract more people by putting up a
webpage and doing some minimal (free) advertising? Maybe we could have
WXYC point people to the webpage (once done), or maybe have a "press
release" we send to the Daily Tarheel.

I'd be more than happy to pitch in time to do something like that.

Suggestions/Objections?

Well, certainly no harm in trying, but I wonder if there is really a big enough market for this kind of thing. Who are you trying to get interested?

Not intending to be negative here, just wondering...

Faheem.