unclug - [unclug] working /etc/pam.d/system-auth for FC4?

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Alan Hoyle <alanh AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [unclug] working /etc/pam.d/system-auth for FC4?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:41:18 -0500

Hey all,

I've been in the process of upgrading my FC3 box to FC4. (Well,
upgrading didn't actually work, so a more accurate description would
be "installing from scratch.") I seem to have everything working with
the exception of getting AFS tokens on login and using kerberos
instead of the internal authentication mechanism.

According to the ITS documentation: http://help.unc.edu/?id=5513

I need to "add the following to the corresponding PAM configuration file:"

auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_krb5afs.so krb4_convert=on
session optional /lib/security/pam_krb5afs.so krb4_convert=on
account sufficient /lib/security/pam_krb5afs.so

However, just throwing these at the bottom of the file doesn't seem to
work. Can anyone provide me with something that does actually work?

I forgot to save my previous FC3 copy. Is it possible for it to
renew/create tokens with the xscreensaver authenticaion as well? my
previous version didn't do that.

-alan

--
Alan Hoyle - alanh AT unc.edu - http://www.alanhoyle.com/
Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.

  • [unclug] working /etc/pam.d/system-auth for FC4?, Alan Hoyle, 12/22/2005