unclug - [unclug] Dual boot XP and RHEL 4.0 Install assistance

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Rob Lineberger <rob_lineberger AT med.unc.edu>
  • To: unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [unclug] Dual boot XP and RHEL 4.0 Install assistance
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:49:56 -0400

Hello,

I have a laptop with dual 60 GB HDD. Back in the dim mists of history one of the TriLUG Install-festers had it running GRUB with a dual boot to Fedora Core 1 and Win XP. I've since reformatted the Win XP HDD, and lost GRUB and the ability to see the other hard drive. I expected this because the GRUB loader resides on the first sectors of the Win XP drive, and I wasn't using Fedora, so no biggie. But now I need the dual boot to do Plone development.

I'm reasonably comfortable with installing Linux by itself and Windows by itself, but this dual boot thing has me puzzled. Are there any resources for this kind of thing at UNC, or someone who can take pity on me and provide assistance? :)

Thanks,
Rob Lineberger