unclug - Re: [unclug] RHEL update

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: John Reuning <john AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: cbc AT unc.edu, UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Sean David Semone <semone AT email.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] RHEL update
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:51:47 -0400

I'm sure others can weigh in, but...

We get our rhel licenses through the ITS software office.
http://www.unc.edu/atn/software/

There's a rhn proxy server on campus that works well for doing updates.
I created an rpm package that installs the SSL certificate you need, as
well as makes all of the configuration changes.
http://www.ibiblio.org/john/rpms/rhel3/rhn-unc-proxy-1.0-1.noarch.rpm

Hope this helps,

-jrr

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 16:47, Chris Calloway wrote:
> What is the campus procedure for obtaining RHEL licenses now and what is
> the campus procedure for running up2date (I'm assuming there is a campus
> proxy at which to point).
>
> Are there any campus users of Gentoo SMP?

  • [unclug] RHEL update, Chris Calloway, 09/30/2004
    • Re: [unclug] RHEL update, John Reuning, 09/30/2004