unclug - [unclug] RHEL-3 reiserfs config?

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: "John W. Sopko Jr." <sopko AT cs.unc.edu>
  • To: unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [unclug] RHEL-3 reiserfs config?
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:58:37 -0400

Has anyone configured the reiserfs loadable kernel module in rhel-3?
I found the below info from the RedHat knowlegebase, I got the modules,
(installed the rpm).

I can do a:

"insmod -p
/lib/modules/2.4.21-15.0.4.ELsmp/unsupported/fs/reiserfs/reiserfs.o"

and it checks out ok. I can probably load by hand with "insmod", cannot
find out any good info on how to configure /etc/modules.conf to get
it to load at boot time. If someone has done this any help would
be appreciated, thanks.

Issue:
What is the support for reiserfs in Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
Resolution: Last update: 07-08-04

The reiser filesystem is not supported under Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 or 3. It is available, however, as a loadable module (reiserfs.o) which must be either manually installed, or added to the modules.conf file.

In Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, the module can be obtained from the kernel-unsupported package in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 channel on Red Hat Network.

In Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1, the module is included in the regular kernel rpm.

Again, the use of reiserfs is not supported by Red Hat at this time.

--
John W. Sopko Jr. University of North Carolina
email: sopko AT cs.unc.edu Computer Science Dept., CB 3175