unclug - [unclug] [Fwd: TNUG meeting - Tomorrow (5/25) night and TNUG Logo voting]

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: "David B. Rankin" <david.rankin AT unc.edu>
  • To: uncnug AT listserv.unc.edu, unclug <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>, dcsupport AT listserv.unc.edu
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [unclug] [Fwd: TNUG meeting - Tomorrow (5/25) night and TNUG Logo voting]
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:11:49 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 10:28:35 -0400
From: Triangle Novell Users Group Info <tnuginfo AT trianglenug.org>
To: Triangle Novell Users Group Info <tnuginfo AT trianglenug.org>

This email is a reminder that the next Triangle Novell Users' Group Meeting
is tomorrow night, May 25th and the topic will be SuSE Linux Desktop and
Open Office. For more meeting details and directions to the meeting, as
well as links to more information on SuSE Linux and Open Office, please go
to our web site at http://www.trianglenug.org/. If you haven't already
RSVP'ed to attend please use the form found at
http://www.trianglenug.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=15 so we
can get an accurate head count for seating and food.

The group is putting together a CD containing the Windows, Mac OS X, and
Linux versions of Open Office and various other cross platform applications
and information to provide to its members at the May meeting. Non-members
who attend that would like a copy of the CD are asked to bring a blank CD-R.
We will have a few systems on hand at the meeting to burn copies of the CD.

For those that may be wondering, this month's door prizes include a copy of
the Novell NetWare 6.5 Administrator's Handbook
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0789729849/trianglnovell-20) donated
by Novell Press, a red Swingline stapler donated by Condrey Consulting
(http://www.swingline.com/html/1695.html) and made popular in the 1999
comedy Office Space, a Novell t-shirt, and some other items.

If you have friends or co-workers that are interested in attending and
becoming a member of the users' group please direct them to the normal
registration form
(http://www.trianglenug.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=11) on
the site.

Now turning to TNUG logo voting, with less than 25% of the members voting we
do not feel that we can go forward with the selected logo based on this low
voter turnout. We are asking for more logo submissions and we will be
emailing out details on the logo submission and voting process in an
upcoming email. Our plan is to have a logo selected by our June 29th
meeting.

Should anyone have questions about the meeting or the TNUG logo please email
us.

We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting!!

TNUG Info
tnuginfo AT trianglenug.org

  • [unclug] [Fwd: TNUG meeting - Tomorrow (5/25) night and TNUG Logo voting], David B. Rankin, 05/24/2004