unclug - Re: [unclug] NTFS

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Jeremy Tart <jdtart AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: Hugh Crissman <hcrissma AT email.unc.edu>, unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] NTFS
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:12:46 -0500

There is at least one project on Sourceforge working on this, and with the latest kernel drivers, NTFS read/write support is available, albeit limited. It also depends on which distro you are using; I am using Fedora, and I personally have setup my dual boot system to read, but I have not attempted writing as I do not want to corrupt the NTFS data as forewarned. Check out <http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/status.html> for more info on the subject.

Jeremy