typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] New Alison Statton, Spike album: Bimini Twist

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Derek Brown <hotplatesounds AT earthlink.net>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] New Alison Statton, Spike album: Bimini Twist
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 22:02:29 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hi Typical Girls
just to let you guys know that the new Alison Statton & Spike album "Bimini Twist" is really
an excellent piece of work. I read a five star review, went ahead and ordered a vinyl copy.
The album arrived on Friday, it hasn't been off the turntable since.
Alisson was the singer in Young Marble Giants and she and Spike were both in Weekend.
This album is recorded at home and is self released on their Tiny Global Productions label.
It is their first album in 20 years. Fans of Young Marble Giants and especially Weekend will be thrilled at this gem.
It is available from their bandcamp site:
https://alisonstattonspike.bandcamp.com/

I am in the States and purchased my vinyl from Forced Exposure distributors in MA , it also came with a download code.

Derek

  • [TypicalGirls] New Alison Statton, Spike album: Bimini Twist, Derek Brown, 10/15/2018