typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Fwd: Hear Warpaint's New Album Now - A Week Before Its Official Release!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Joly MacFie <joly AT punkcast.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Fwd: Hear Warpaint's New Album Now - A Week Before Its Official Release!
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 14:02:21 -0500

Rough Trade

Rough Trade News

Hear Warpaint's New Album Now - A Week Before Its Official Release!

Warpaint

We're extremely excited to share Warpaint's mesmerising second album 'Warpaint' with you, a week before release (20th Jan UK / 21st Jan US)! Sit back, relax and wrap your ears around it over at The Guardian website in the UK and Europe and NPR in the US.

If you like what you hear you can pre-order your own copy from the following stores:

Rough Trade - just a handful of limited edition double red, etched vinyl and CDs with limited edition stencils left!

And...
iTunes
Amazon

Glowing reviews for the album are flooding in, and Theresa, Emily, Jenny and Stella are currently gracing the covers of several magazines:

"Exquisite, addictive gloom" - Mojo 4/5
"Truly spectacular" - Clash Magazine 8/10
"One of the first great records of 2014" - The Times
"A Fine Second Album" - The Fly 4/5 (Album of the Month)
"Dream-prog girl gang unleash psychedelic sorcery on follow up" - Q Magazine 4/5
"Rocking, glistening and simply breathtaking - almost every track is a gem" - The 405 8.5/10
"A display of intuitive mastery of all they turn their hands to" - Record Collector 4/5 (Album of the Month)

covers

Finally, check them out performing an intimate, extended live version of 'Love Is To Die' for The Line Of Best Fit at one of our favourite London venues, The Tabernacle.

Hope you enjoy the album as much as we do.

Love Is To Buy,
Rough Trade x

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
-

  • [TypicalGirls] Fwd: Hear Warpaint's New Album Now - A Week Before Its Official Release!, Joly MacFie, 01/13/2014