typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] [ari-up] RE: Ari Up ( Not forgoten )

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Joly MacFie <joly AT punkcast.com>
  • To: ari-up AT yahoogroups.com, "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] [ari-up] RE: Ari Up ( Not forgoten )
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 16:51:59 -0400

A Typical Girls Hall of Fame? Not a bad idea.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 3:22 PM, <polyesternegs AT yahoo.com> wrote:

 Thanks for the welcome, j

That is a very good point . The last thing Ari needs is acceptance in a place that she does not fit or believe in.

I guess that’s the dilemma really. She needs to be historically  recognized and it should have been done long before now. The problem seems to be how to accomplish that in a way that shows respect and gratitude.

That is were I was hoping that somehow ,somewhere there is a place were that could be accomplished.

In general what is needed is a musical hall of fame that is not related to one or just a few music types or styles.

Is there such a place or am I just hoping for a place that does not exist ?

Is there a starting point even ?  A place were I could even ask or lay down a request for such ?

Hate to ask so many question  but I am willing to do the leg work to at find out if it is possible or a consideration at any place that is honorable or acceptable with Ari ,her fans and family.

--- In ari-up AT yahoogroups.com, <joly@...> wrote:

Hi Reg.

Thanks for joining, and writing.

Which Hall of Fame were you thinking of? I am not sure the Rock and Roll would be appropriate, since Ari's milieu was very much the antithesis of that.