typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] rip: the original typical girl

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Tobi Vail <tobivail AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] rip: the original typical girl
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:31:28 -0700

I went to see the Slits in Seattle a few years ago with old school
Olympia riot grrls Angie Hart & Michelle Noel. We were freaking out
the whole time and Ari Up pulled us up onstage to sing back-ups during
Shoplifting. I got to do the scream! It was so fun and then we were
back in the audience dancing around some more. Afterwards we said hi
but didn't introduce myself, it was a perfect moment, one I will
always treasure! xo Tobi