typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] women in rock vocabulary!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Dina Hornreich <dina.hornreich AT gmail.com>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Girl Group <girlgroup AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] women in rock vocabulary!
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:20:39 -0600

Hi there folks!

Sorry for the cross-posting, but I need to pick your fabulous brains!

As some of you may know, I'm back in grad school. I'm going for a Master of
Library and Information Science at the University of Denver. Crazy, I know!

So, here's the thing: I need to create a "thesaurus" of "controlled
vocabulary" (these are technical terms) on a topic of my choosing.

I've chosen: Women in Rock.

So here's the challenge: how many words (broad and narrow scope) can you
associate with this topic?

Popular Culture
Cultural Studies
Media Culture