typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Slits Book

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Sara Sherr <sarasherr AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typicalgirls@Lists. Org" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Girlgroup@Yahoogroups. Com" <girlgroup AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Slits Book
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:20:44 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: WWWhatsup <joly AT punkcast.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:02 PM
Subject: [ari-up] Typical Girls - The book
To: "ari-up AT egroups.com" <ari-up AT yahoogroups.com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zoë Street Howe zoejhowe AT yahoo.co.uk
Date: Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:44 PM
Subject: 'Typical Girls?'

Hello there!

This is just a heads up to say that 'Typical Girls?', my book
celebrating the career and legacy of The Slits, hits shelves in July
in time for the 30-year anniversary of the group's debut album 'Cut',
and the 50-year anniversary of Island Records.

In case anyone you know might want to snap up one of these
life-enhancing items, it can be pre-ordered already on Amazon at a
'credit-crunch-busting' £9.86, as opposed to £14.95. (cue gasps of:
'Cor', 'Wowee' etc.)

(BTW this is apparently cheaper than the publisher's discount I'd get
if I wanted to order books through them for chums. (cue more gasps of:
'Cor!', 'Well, I never', 'Huzzah!' etc.)

So if you wish to investigate, click
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Typical-Girls-Story-If-Slits/dp/1847727808>
Or here:<http://www.myspace.com/slitsbook>

Do spread the word if you know anyone who is desperate for some
S-literature... (see what I did there?)

Thanks for your support and involvement!

lots of love Zx

zoë street howe
freelance writer
07861 249 645

nme | contemporary | 4music | itv | bbc music interactive

Joly MacFie
212 608 1334
http://wwwhatsup.com
http://punkcast.com
http://pinstand.com

__._,_.___
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Calendar
Forward.

MARKETPLACE
Recent Activity

Visit Your Group
Find helpful tips

for Moderators

on the Yahoo!

Groups team blog.

Yahoo! Groups

Dog Group

Connect and share with

dog owners like you

10 Day Club

on Yahoo! Groups

Share the benefits

of a high fiber diet.

.

--
Sara Sherr
222 Reed St

  • [TypicalGirls] Slits Book, Sara Sherr, 03/31/2009