typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Typical Girls - The Book

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT punkcast.com>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Typical Girls - The Book
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:45:29 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zoë Street Howe <<mailto:zoejhowe AT yahoo.co.uk>zoejhowe AT yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:44 PM
Subject: 'Typical Girls?'

Hello there!

This is just a heads up to say that 'Typical Girls?', my book celebrating the
career and legacy of The Slits, hits shelves in July in time for the 30-year
anniversary of the group's debut album 'Cut', and the 50-year anniversary of
Island Records.

In case anyone you know might want to snap up one of these life-enhancing
items, it can be pre-ordered already on Amazon at a 'credit-crunch-busting'
£9.86, as opposed to £14.95. (cue gasps of: 'Cor', 'Wowee' etc.)

(BTW this is apparently cheaper than the publisher's discount I'd get if I
wanted to order books through them for chums. (cue more gasps of: 'Cor!',
'Well, I never', 'Huzzah!' etc.)

So if you wish to investigate, click
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Typical-Girls-Story-If-Slits/dp/1847727808>here
Or here:<http://www.myspace.com/slitsbook>
<http://www.myspace.com/slitsbook>myspace.com/slitsbook

Do spread the word if you know anyone who is desperate for some
S-literature... (see what I did there?)

Thanks for your support and involvement!

lots of love Zx

zoë street howe
freelance writer
07861 249 645

nme | contemporary | 4music | itv | bbc music interactive

Joly MacFie
212 608 1334
http://wwwhatsup.com
http://punkcast.com