typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] how the fanzine refused to die

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: lsmith <yelmo2000 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] how the fanzine refused to die
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 15:09:13 -0800 (PST)

Thought you all'd be interested in this article by Simon Reynolds...
especially as it mentions Joly several times!!!
- Lani

"How the fanzine refused to die"
"Blogs are the cheapest, fastest and easiest way to get your music writing
out there – but that hasn't stopped a new generation of writers picking up
the stapler and putting out a fanzine"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/feb/02/fanzine-simon-reynolds-blog

"I'm only craving fewer pieces of paper, fewer words in my letters and fewer
letters in my words, in order to say what I gotta say."
- Sylvester Stewart/Sly Stone