typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] The Nightingales/Violet Violet East Coast tour

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "John Caples" <jcaples AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] The Nightingales/Violet Violet East Coast tour
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:16:28 -0400

An embarrassment of riches recently, huh?

Thanks to Joly about the Mo-Dettes reissue news.

I was going to mention the Part Time Punks festival in LA, but Dan beat me to it.  Unfortunately for me, the Learjet is in the shop.

In addition to the Part Time Punks festival, The Nightingales have a number of other dates on their first ever trip to the West Coast...November 11th in San Francisco, November 12th in Oakland, and November 15th in Long Beach.

Of particular interest to the list, however, is that they're touring on the East Coast with the all-female Violet Violet, who are also playing dates of their own once The Nightingales make the trip to California.  Violet Violet plays Manhattan, Brookyln and Boston with The Nightingales, and then goes on to play Northampton, Boston, Cambridge and Manhattan.  The first Boston show (Sun. Nov. 9th at PA's Lounge in Somerville), with the exception of The Nightingales, will be comprised of all-female outfits (Violet Violet, Apple Betty, and Vagiant).  So if you're in the area for any of those shows, you've got plenty of opportunities to catch both acts.

Check out the MySpace pages of both bands for more details:

http://www.myspace.com/nightingalesmusic
http://www.myspace.com/violetviolet1

And for the Boston support acts:

http://www.myspace.com/applebettyrox
http://www.myspace.com/vagiantboston

John

  • [TypicalGirls] The Nightingales/Violet Violet East Coast tour, John Caples, 10/27/2008