typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] The Shop Assistants - Will Anything Happen Re-issued

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Alex Milopoulos <amilopoulos AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: TypicalGirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] The Shop Assistants - Will Anything Happen Re-issued
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:05:57 +0100 (BST)

http://www.indie-mp3.co.uk/2008/10/shop-assistants-will-anything-happen-re.html

"Cherry Red are re-releasing The Shop Assistants compilation of all their Blue Guitar recordings Will Anything Happen later this month.

It was originally released on Overground in 2001 and comprises the bands self titled début plus the b-sides of I Don't Wanna Be Friends With You both of which were originally released in 1986.

Cherry Red originally wanted to do a retrospective album but it looks like licensing issues have prevented that meaning that the Subway Organisation, 53rd & 3rd and Avalanche material is missing. Additionally the Buba & The Shop Assistants single is absent.

You can pre-order the album from here. I highly recommend it!"

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/cherryred/artists/shopassistants.htm