typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Bruce Connor photo show in Berkeley

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Sharon Cheslow <decomposition AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Bruce Connor photo show in Berkeley
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:29:52 -0700

I'm also writing too fast. I meant "their manager at one point."

I love Bruce Connner's work. Didn't he do a Controller's video?
Maybe I'm thinking of Al Hansen who was there manager at one. My
memory is failing me.

The film of Target video clips is the one I just saw last weekend.
Lots of TG related material, besides the Bush Tetras which I already
mentioned. There are clips of: Avengers, Germs, Siouxsie & the
Banshees, Mutants, Cramps, etc.

Sharon

The Bruce Conner exhibit is fantastic. There's also a corresponding
film series across the street at Pacific Film Archives that will
include an evening of Target Video clips, and one week later a
screening of Decline of Western Civilization with Penelope Spheeris
in attendance.

And speaking of Bay Area punk photographers, here's a link to a clip
on CurrentTV on legally blind photographers that interviews Annie
Hesse. She also documented some amazing shows at the Mab (Avengers,
Nico, etc.). This video includes some of her photos of the Clash and
Mighty Diamonds.

http://current.com/items/89001928_blind_but_in_focus

- Alan

At 11:01 AM 6/10/2008, Larry Roberts wrote:

Filmmaker and artist Bruce Connor took photos at SF punk venue
Mabuhay Gardens. There's a current exhibit of his photos at the Berkeley
Art Museum, including of the Avengers.