typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] SXSW photos of the Slits, Homosexuals, X, and more

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: <randy.haecker AT sonybmg.com>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] SXSW photos of the Slits, Homosexuals, X, and more
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:01:22 -0400

Since this list is named after a SLITS song, I thought you folks would
enjoy these photos I took of THE SLITS in action at SXSW about two weeks
ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any good shots of original
bassist Tessa Pollitt. But I did get a photo of Ari Up showing her
fanny to the audience ...

See SLITS and NAKED RAYGUN photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldofrandsom/sets/72157604189133410/

Photos of Bruno Wizard's latest lineup of the post-punk HOMOSEXUALS are
here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldofrandsom/page19/

Photos of the original lineup of X (Exene, John, Billy & D.J.) at SXSW
are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldofrandsom/sets/72157604187468536/

Photos of Nashville's BE YOUR OWN PET, fronted by whirlwind Jemina
Pearl, are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldofrandsom/sets/72157604187648952/

Punk fury from Montreal's CPB GANGBANGS captured here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldofrandsom/sets/72157604192093011/

MAGIC CHRISTIAN, the new supergroup comprised of Cyril Jordan (Flaming
Groovies), Clem Burke (Blondie) and Eddie Munoz (Plimsouls), can be see
here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldofrandsom/sets/72157604187418004/

For an exhaustive photographic overview of SXSW see the first 11 sets on
this page (and if you've really got lots of spare time, check out my
photos of Siouxsie, From The Jam, the closing night of CBGB, and more):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldofrandsom/sets/

Here's my SXSW 2008 essay featuring reviews:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=632709&b
logID=369102549

See you in the trenches,
Randy