typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Suzi Quatro article

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Jason Gross <perfect AT furious.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Suzi Quatro article
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:34:36 -0500

Apologies in advance if this isn't appropriate but I thought some folks here might be interested in this article that's up in the new edition of my zine.

SUZI QUATRO
"Perhaps otherwise best known for her role as 'Leather Tuscadero' on the TV show Happy Days, Suzi Quatro would be one of those artists I'd say. Originally, she set the template for every tough rocker chick, but now her influence is obscured, behind the Joan Jett, Runaways, Patti Smith, Blondie, the Go-Go's, Pat Benetar, riot grrls, Melissa Etheridge et al, who are the more obvious choices for visible women in rock and punk."

Best,
Jason

Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine since 1993- now new and semi-improved!
<http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
MySpace Page: <http://www.myspace.com/perfectsoundmagazine>
Crazed by the Music blog:
<http://www.popmatters.com/pm/blogs/crazedbythemusic/>

  • [TypicalGirls] Suzi Quatro article, Jason Gross, 11/30/2007