typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Siouxsie interview + ESG show review (from VenusZine.com)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Sharon Cheslow <decomposition AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Siouxsie interview + ESG show review (from VenusZine.com)
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 19:55:28 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Wow, great interview. I love the part where she says,

"I’m personally always more interested in what other female artists have to
do. When I started, it was a great time for women, and there were a lot of
other women that were getting involved in bands and that’s not really been
commented so much about. And I don’t think it’s been as positive before or
since — there are more female artists out there involved in music, but not
nearly enough. And I think music can only get better and improve and be more
exciting with more women involved and hearing it from their point of view."