typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Paging Mike Applestein plus Pylon and Essential Logic

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Jason Gross <perfect AT furious.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Paging Mike Applestein plus Pylon and Essential Logic
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 18:53:27 -0500

Sorry to bother the whole list but I can't find your e-mail.

Keeping on the Pylon theme, there's an article in the latest issue of MOJO with interviews I did with R.E.M. bassist Mike Mills and Pylon bassist Michael Lachowski.

I was also recently in touch with Lora Logic (thanks Viv!) who told me that the band's gotten more recognition in the last few years than it did when they were originally together (thanks Kill Rock Stars). She also said that she's interested in recording some new material. Any enterprising labels out there want to help her?

Best,
Jason

P.S. The new issue of Perfect Sound Forever is out now (see below) though no Typical Girls content this time, sad to say. I'm trying to rectify that of course!

Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine since 1993- now new and semi-improved!
<http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
MySpace Page: <http://www.myspace.com/perfectsoundmagazine>
Crazed by the Music blog:
<http://www.popmatters.com/pm/blogs/crazedbythemusic/>

  • [TypicalGirls] Paging Mike Applestein plus Pylon and Essential Logic, Jason Gross, 09/30/2007