typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] music tips for bay area

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: weasel walter <weaselw AT juno.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] music tips for bay area
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 12:01:43 -0700

if you're into experimental or improvised music, keep an eye on the schedule from 21 Grand in Oakland (21grand.org). as far as rock-type stuff there are some happening SF venues in the knockout and the hemlock tavern.

as far as housing goes, you may want to join the spockmorgue yahoo newslist (send an email to spockmorgue-subscribe AT yahoogroups.com and tell the moderator that you're moving to the area), where a lot of people from the sf underground rock scene lurk - usually cool people who have rooms available will go there first to try and keep things in the family . . .

ww