typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Eugene Merinov photos

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Tim B, NYC" <tjb81 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Eugene Merinov photos
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 09:38:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hey folks,

I just wanted to let you know about a photographer I recently "discovered" named Eugene Merinov.  He took amazing black & white shots at New York clubs from about 1977-1981 of practically anyone you'd want to see photos of including X, Delta 5, Bush Tetras, Lydia Lunch, the Mutants and more.

I've started a myspace page for him at which you can see a bunch of these shots. The address is http://www.myspace.com/eugenemerinovphotography. Please stop by the page and check out the pictures, and send us a friend invitation.

In mid-September, we'll be having an exhibit of his work at Etherea Records in the East Village. When I have all of the information confirmed I'll let you guys know.

Tim Broun

Tim B, NYC/Karate Boogaloo!
http://www.linkedin.com/in/timbroun