typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] FW: Lost and Found mixtape (on cd)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Nicole Emmenegger <nicole AT jennywoolworth.ch>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] FW: Lost and Found mixtape (on cd)
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:31:09 +0200

Title: FW: Lost and Found mixtape (on cd)
hello Typical Girls mailing list friends -

Most of you probably won’t be able to make it to the Shedhalle (www.shedhalle.ch) gallery at the Rote Fabrik in Zürich to visit the “Lost and Found” exhibit before the finnissage in mid July, therefore I’m offering a few copies of my special mixtape (on cd) that I produced for the show to members of this list. You can get your very own copy direct from me for cheap, just enough to cover the production costs (between five to ten swiss francs, dollars or euros). Contact me and we’ll work out your price, payment and how to get the cd to you.

The cd features twenty lesser known punk and indie female bands and performers from the 1970s and 1980s from all around the world. Here’s the track list:

01+02 Manisch Depressiv - Gott ist tot / Würde Würde Würde sein / Aber wir wissen / Aufstehen / Was ist los mit Amerika / Zeitmaschine / Existieren sie Nicht / Es gibt sie nicht / Die Maschine / Gott ist tot
03 As Mercenarias - Oh Oh
04 Avengers - Thin White Line
05 Dog Faced Hermans - Too Much for the Red Ticker
06 Kitchen And The Plastic Spoons - Happy Funeral
07 Snatch - Joey
08 Grylurnar - Sisi
09 Carambolage - City Großmarkt
10 The Vyllies - Purple Gorilla
11 The Plastics - Robot
12 Hermine - La valse de 99 ans
13 Inflatable Boy Clams - Marin
14 Belaboris - Odotus
15 Dolly Mixture - How Come You’re Such a Hit with the Boys, Jane?
16 Look Blue Go Purple - Grace
17 Neonbabies - Blauen Augen
18 Bloods - Blue Chevrolet
19 Unknown Gender - Real/Unreal
20 Dangerous Birds - Smile on your Face
21 Scrawl - Clock Song (Go Girl Go)
22 Grylurnar - Trollathvadur

For biographical info and pictures of the band check my website’s women in punk archive with the new expanded “lost and found” section (www.jennywoolworth.ch/archive/archive.html). I also dedicated a recent edition of my radio show, Tiger Beat, to these and similar bands. Listen here: www.jennywoolworth.ch/tigerbeat/tigerbeat_playlist07.html

with the bestest wishes,
Nicole