typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] String players

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Tim Murphy" <timmy.bear AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] String players
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:02:58 -0400

Thanks for all the thoughtful replies.

It was a sort of waking-up-in-the-morning thought.

I should add that it's not as though I THINK that strings are 'female'
instruments (or that any instrument has a gender association) - but
I'm aware that some people do (I'm reminded in high school how a music
teacher refused to allow a girl in the class to play drums, but did
allow her to play tympanis...um, they're drums...but I guess the KIT
was for boys or some such junk...grrrr...).

Tim

  • [TypicalGirls] String players, Tim Murphy, 06/19/2007