typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Ludus Linder exhibit at PS1!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Ludus Linder exhibit at PS1!
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:42:59 -0700 (PDT)

Imagine my surprise seeing an ad in Time Out New York
for a Linder exhibit. The ad had very little details,
just said "Linder, who was involved with
punk/post-punk period" etc etc or something. Found the
website for the full details and sure enough, all
summer long there's going to be a Ludus exhibit at
PS.1 in the lovely borough I call home, Queens. There
will even be a video of Ludus performing in 1982!

http://www.ps1.org/ps1_site/content/view/268/102/

Even better, being ps.1, you can get in for free if
you go to any of the warm-up events this summer, which
include Glass Candy, Escort, Run-n-Tug, David Linton,
Elliott Sharp. They're actually having more local
experimental musicians and live bands in addition to
the usual hipster dance culture events.

Really excited about this...the Ludus CDs have really
stood up, I'm not as much a fan of the "jazzy" stuff
but both LTM collections The Visit/The Seduction and
The Damage, which share some tracks, are pretty
amazing.

-Dan Selzer
http://www.acuterecords.com