typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Save Your Suggestions! (Editing Phase: No more submissions, please)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Dina Hornreich" <dina.hornreich AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Save Your Suggestions! (Editing Phase: No more submissions, please)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 19:27:33 -0600

Dear friends:

Thanks for the interesting conversation. My personal CD wishlist has grown!

Now it's time edit. Note: I hate being the "bad guy" here but it's probably necessary at this point.

Persuade me not to delete your suggested CDs (see list below)!  Submit your high quality blurbs explaining your rationale for the particular release being absolutely essential listening for beginning girl rockers aged 12-15.

****Send them to me OFFLIST at: dina.hornreich AT gmail.com

Action Pact!: “Punk Singles Collection” (Captain Oi)
The Adverts: “Anthology” (Devil's Jukebox) 2CD with singles, demos and live material
Altered Images: “I Could Be Happy: The Best of Altered Images” collection (SONY)
Laurie Anderson: "Big Science" 1982 album reissue (Warner Brothers)
Au Pairs: "Stepping Out of Line" 2CD anthology (Castle)
The B-52’s: self-titled 1979 debut album reissued (Reprise)
Belle Stars: “Belle-Issima!: Sweet Memories...” 2CD collection (Edsel UK)
Blondie: "Parallel Lines" 1978 album reissue (Capitol)
Lizzy Mercier Descloux:  “Press Color” 1980 album reissue import (ZE)
The Gymslips: “Rockin' with Renees: The Punk Collection” import
Malaria!: “Compiled 1981-1984” (Moabit)
Marine Girls: “Lazy Ways/Beach Party” 1983+1981 double album reissue on 1 CD (Cooking Vinyl)
Martha and the Muffins: “Far Away in Time” collection (Caroline)
Penetration: “Best of Penetration” collection (Caroline)
Poison Girls: "Their Finest Moments" import collection (Nectar)
Pretenders: self-titled 1980 debut album 2CD reissue (Rhino)
Romeo Void: “Warm, In Your Coat” (SONY)
The Runaways:  self-titled1976 debut album import reissue (Cherry Red UK)
Selecter: “Too Much Pressure” classic 1980 debut album reissue + their best singles (Captain Oi!)
Siouxsie & The Banshees: “The Best Of Siouxsie and the Banshees: Sound + Vision Deluxe” 2CD+DVD (Polydor)
Skeletal Family: “Burning Oil & Bonus Tracks” 1984 debut album reissue (Anagram Gothic)
Tracey Thorn: “A Distant Shore” 1982 solo album reissued (Cooking Vinyl)
Violators: “The No Future Years” (Captain Oi)
The Waitresses: “The Best of the Waitresses” (Polydor)

  • [TypicalGirls] Save Your Suggestions! (Editing Phase: No more submissions, please), Dina Hornreich, 06/06/2007