typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] some ground rules and general feedback

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Dina Hornreich" <dina.hornreich AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] some ground rules and general feedback
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 08:44:07 -0600

Dear Friends:

Thank you for responding to the task at hand. I appreciate your taking the time to wade through the barrage of emails filling your inbox! I know I've spent a lot of time checking, cutting and pasting text, etc.

I do want to lay some ground rules mostly for the sake of my sanity! (This is getting exhausting for me)

1. Check your suggestion with Amazon.com to see if its accessible! (This step is crucial.)

2. In your suggestion, please state: the artist/band, the title of the CD, and the name of the label who put out the CD that is in print. If it is an album reissue, please state the year it was originally released. Also, include information about live tracks, demo versions, out-takes, etc. as well as if it's an import are also helpful.

3. Consider the appropriateness of your suggestion for our audience: those attending the Rock'n Roll Camp for Girls (ages 12-15).

4. BLURBIAGE: We need quality writing. I'm going to remove blurbs that say very little. I threw those in just to give people an idea of what I have received. It was called draft for a reason! However, rather than single people out, just look at the good blurbs! I truly appreciate everyone contributing. Yet, some stand out more than others. For example, Mike Appelstein's contributions have been really high quality. So perhaps that's a standard you should use for yourself! Do justice to your suggestions!

5. Removal of items from the list. If there is no blurb for something, it will have to be deleted eventually. Throwing out the Waitresses or Romeo Void or whatever to the list and not stating your rationale just isn't enough in the end. If someone else can't do it, then DIY it! (And I have to write my own blurbs, too!) You can add your own blurb, and an item can have more than one blurb! So, please don't be shy.

I will make the corrections to the Delta 5 blurb when I return home. (My day has yet to begin!)

Again, thanks for your consideration.

-Dina

  • [TypicalGirls] some ground rules and general feedback, Dina Hornreich, 06/05/2007