typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] another call for blurbs + revised list (again, sorry)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Brian Turner <bt AT wfmu.org>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] another call for blurbs + revised list (again, sorry)
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 00:08:31 -0400 (EDT)

I'd like to suggest this one (and tomorrow, I'll actually have a video of them up on WFMU's blog well worth checking out:)

Look Blue Go Purple - Compilation (Flying Nun)
Jumping in with the second wave of New Zealand post-punk, LBGP were a great quintet that existed from 1983-1988 picking up their instruments and starting from scratch. Inspired by their country's forerunners the Clean and Chills, their lilting strum-pop can be head over a series of EPs compiled onto one CD in the 1990's. Members went on to bands like Chug, Olla, the 3Ds and Ghost Glub.

--
Brian Turner
WFMU Music/Program Director

UPS Only: 43 Montgomery Street, 4th Fl.,
Jersey City, NJ 07302

www.wfmu.org
(201) 521-1416 x223