typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] More entries

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Aileen Brophy" <abrophy AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] More entries
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 17:06:18 -0400

I thought of the Mo-Dettes too, but unfortunately I don't think their stuff has been reissued on CD yet and is thus not that accessible...is there a reissue in the works?

I got a little lost in the dozens of emails over the past two days, (my computer picked a great time to fizz out) but I think Dina (and everyone) has done a great job with this.  Let's hope the kids don't rebel against this "canon" we're feeding them and all turn into hair-metalers or something rampaging to the strains of "We're Not Gonna Take It"...