typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Mechanical Servants SEALED STOCK (female synth punk duo, 1980, private press)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "A levin" <vilevin AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Mechanical Servants SEALED STOCK (female synth punk duo, 1980, private press)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:51:33 -0700

Hello everyone!

I am new to this list serve and it is, admittedly, a bad move to try
to sell stuff on your first post! Anyway, I'm just a fellow record
collector, and I really like female folk and female
punk/post-punk/no-wave/whatever (although I'm not versed in the latter
as well as I'd like, so I'm happy to have found this list).

Anyway, a while ago I found a copy of an EP by a group called
Mechanical Servants. A very exceptional (in my opinion) synth punk
duo, who released one EP in 1980 private pressed and distributed from
their home in New York. I was totally enamored and eventually got in
touch with one of the women from the group. I wrote a review on the
waxidermy website (you can see here:
http://waxidermy.com/2006/06/08/mechanical-servants-min-x-match/) and
about one year later Pamela has asked me to help her sell some
remaining copies of her EP for her.

The money from these sales will be going directly to Pamela, and I'm
just doing this because she's so damn nice and the record is so great.

For the rest of the information, I will refer you on to my sale ad on
the waxidermy webpage, which will have pictures and pricing and all
that!

http://www.waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=6846

I should mention that a limited amount of copies will come with an
original 11x17 glossy poster (pictured in the ad).

Thanks! And I look forward to hopefully contributing to the discussion
in this group, and not just soliciting sales for which I already feel
dirty :)

- Aaron Levin