typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] KAT TRACKS! Kat Bjelland returns to the studio!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] KAT TRACKS! Kat Bjelland returns to the studio!
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:21:39 -0500

KAT TRACKS! Kat Bjelland returns to the studio to record Katastrophy Wife
single for new Australian label, RiSH Records.

The former leader of Babes In Toyland, Kat Bjelland returns to the studio
this week (17 November). Her band, Katastrophy Wife is to record a single
Heart-On (a new Bjelland composition) exclusively for Australian indie label
RiSH Records. The single will be released early in 2007 when the label
launches down under with Bjelland at the front of its roster. Heart-On is the
first release for Katastrophy Wife since 2004s All Kneel. "It's a metal-valve
replacement tune on open-heart surgery gone-wrong, sex song," Bjelland said
of the single. "It's about love."

It will be available worldwide via iTunes download, 7" vinyl and a strictly
limited embossed digi-pack CD (which will come with a free Katastrophy Wife
poster and vinyl sticker).

Kat Bjelland: "Last time I played Australia was with Babes in Toyland. One
thing that I remember is how weird it was to see people walking around
outside using phones but that was ten years ago. I also recall how the locals
seemed to have a healthy infectous affection for various party
accoutrements.Their inspiring ability to push everything to do with rock and
roll into the red I have alot of respect for. The best live crowds ever. I
look forward to playing there again soon."

RiSH's confirmed roster is Katastrophy Wife (US) and Sydney four-piece
Euphonic, with Sydneysiders Bright Red launching a digital singles club for
Australian artists. The new label's roster will stay small in the first 12
months, with the label focusing its attention on artwork, packaging and
formats.

RiSH Records is owned by Brian McDonald, currently Operations and A&R at
Chatterbox Records, McDonald will carry on in his role.

www.rishrecords.com

WWWhatsup NYC

  • [TypicalGirls] KAT TRACKS! Kat Bjelland returns to the studio!, WWWhatsup, 11/15/2006