typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Don't miss the Slits if they come to your town!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Chad Kappeler <ckappeler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Don't miss the Slits if they come to your town!
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:08:24 -0800 (PST)

I saw them in Atlanta on the 8th and they were
spectacular! It was worth every minute of the 9 hour
drive to get to their show. Their was lots of ass
shaking and even a bit of pogoing. Ari & Tess had
absolutely no problems with giving out autographs,
they both graciously signed my "Earthbeat" 45. Good
fun was had by all and I'm pretty sure I've developed
a crush on their beautiful guitarist Adele. She
absolutely turned my world on with her smile. She took
a nothing day, and suddenly made it all seem
worthwhile. Above and beyond that... catch them if and
when you can. They're on tour throughout the U.S.
through the end of November. Check it out...
http://theslits.co.uk/gigs.html. Their opening act,
the Apes were really good too! Kind of like something
in between the Units and Big Black.
Hanx!
Cheese Food Product