typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Hello, world

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Edward Arthur" <ed.arthur AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Hello, world
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 06:50:38 -0500

Hi,

I'm a new member didn't realize this list existed. I used to live near NYC
until 1984 and saw many of the bands on the list.

Here are my credentials (my memory is no good!): ESG, X (Exene Cervenka),
Siouxsie and the Banshees (Siouxsie Sioux), Bush Tetras, Talking Heads
(Tina Weymouth)/Tom Tom Club, Pretenders, Romeo Void, the Au Pairs,
Pauline
Black (Selector), Pylon (89), Plasmatics, Lush (do they count?)...

I'm very excited about the ESG re-issue, been waiting for "The Beat" on
CD for a long time. Also, the BBC recently did a documentary (in 4 parts)
on Stiff Records. Tons of Rachel Sweet and Lena Lovich on there. I've
only seen parts 1 & 2 so far.

I found out about the list after finding out about the Hurrahs DVD. I don't
ever recall doing to Hurrahs. Ritz: Yes, Danceteria: Yes, Peppermint Lounge:
Yes, Irving Plaza: Yes, Roseland: Yes, Beacon Theatre: Yes, Palladium: Yes,
Hurrah: ???

I live in Massachusetts now and am a computer freak.

/Ed