typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] a request

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "josh cheon" <jcheon AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] a request
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:00:06 -0700

alright.. a few days late and in two segments..

CLASSIC:

crass - bata motel
raincoats - running away
kleenex - heidi's head
bush tetras - you can't be funky
au pairs - its obvious
ESG - erase you
teenage jesus and the jerks - my eyes
mydolls - in technicolor
model citizens - animal instincts
prag vac - cigarrettes

SOON TO BE CLASSICS:
the blow - pile of gold
rhythm king and her friends - pants
warbler - s/t album
kiosk - tourist attraction
mika miko - capricorinations
boyskout - jesse james
dandi wind - adolescent
grown-ups - nick & nick
finally punk - manatee
erase errata - tax dollar

yeah i have way more..
shoplifting, maximum joy, neo boys, leslie hall, THE SLITS, chris and
cosey, faux for real, the gossip, grace jones, T.I.T.S., marine, nico,
PUGS

josh.. www.no-disco.blogspot.com

On 10/3/06, Michael Howes <mhowes AT baptismofsolitude.org> wrote:

>almost all my older records, tapes, cds are in storage, so I'm
>mostly listening to:
>
>Maja Ratjke
>Metalux

I've been listening to both of these two a ton, honestly over the
last year or so.
Ratjke's solo disc, "Voice" blew me away, her Fe-Mail duo is some
of the best noise I've heard in years, and her all female improv
group, SPUNK is also exciting

Ratjke's playing in SF later in the year.......

mike