typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Adventures Close to Home

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "dan palmer" <dan.palmer AT ntlworld.com>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Adventures Close to Home
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:14:14 +0100

It may well be common knowledge to all but me, but can anyone tell me how this song came to be recorded on the debut albums by both The Slits and The Raincoats? Was it something to do with the Palmolive connection? Or just a case of one band covering the other's song? As far as I can tell, there are no writing credits given on either record. Maybe Shirely can help?

Thanks,

Dan
www.myspace.com/curor