typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] a request

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Douglas Wolk <dbcloud AT panix.com>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] a request
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 21:09:23 -0700

In answer to Tobi's request, my favorites today (this changes a lot):

1) Laura Barrett, "Robot Ponies" (this may in fact be the best song ever)
2) Nancy Sesay and the Melodaires, "C'est Fab"
3) Scrawl, "Good Under Pressure"
4) People In Control, "When It's War"
5) The Pipettes, "Simon Says" (demo)
6) The Bedflowers, "My Ex-Lover's Address"
7) The Go Team (!), "My Head Hurts"
8) LiLiPUT, "Ü"
9) Po!, "I Won't Stay"
10) The Blow, "The Long List of Girls"

As a bonus, ten non-TG songs I'm loving at the moment:

1) Arthur Russell, "Springfield"
2) Beyoncé, "Suga Mama"
3) The Jacksons, "Blame It On the Boogie"
4) Of Montreal, "Forecast Fascist Future (IQU Remix)"
5) Toots & the Maytals with the Easy Star All-Stars, "Let Down"
6) Del tha Funkee Homosapien, "The Wacky World of Rapid Tran"
7) Shudder to Think, "X-French Tee-Shirt"
8) The Streets, "When You Wasn't Famous"
9) The Who, "A Quick One While He's Away"
10) ABBA, "One of Us"

Douglas