typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Morada Vision Hurrah Release Party

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: mike AT appelstein.com
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Morada Vision Hurrah Release Party
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:39:27 -0400

That's got to be infuriating for bands. Especially in this age of the Internet
and MySpace, it's so easy to just type a name into a search engine that it's
just inexcusable to pretend that the bands wouldn't find out. (Especially with
what looks like a shoddy product - it's not like you're even getting ripped off
for the sake of something good!)

There's a treasure trove of incredible Hurrah! footage, judging from that list
Joly published earlier. Maybe someone could convince Cherry Red to put it out?

mike

Quoting Dee Papadopoulos <deepop AT earthlink.net>:

the whole thing is pretty weird. i found out it was coming out 3 weeks
before by running into a certain joey zero on the bus. he gave me the
name of this guy in LA, Mel Blonsteiin. I then emailed Mel and asked
what's up as the band had never been contacted about this and blah blah
blah. short story: he presumed all bands broke up, were dead, lived in
caves and don't have lawyers, etc. he also said he bought the rights to
these vids from an archival foundation that had been donated the stuff
from hurrahs owners. really. he offered the band $500 and i declined.
our name is still on the package. the song title is wrong. god only
knows what it was. this is a hit and run dvd.
after i sign off here, cynthia will be picking me up to go to the
airport. the bush tetras have gigs this friday in Lyon as part of the
Sonores Nuit Festival and on Sunday in Glasgow at the Optimo-Sub Club.
more when i get back.
dee