typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Slits radio broadcast

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Slits radio broadcast
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 16:36:16 -0400

I ttrust you'll tape and mp3 it for us unco-ordinated types H. - but I
do figure that as being 2pm EST, it's not at too an unreasonable hour.

As for my meditations on zine photog names - I did mange to come up
with one, Mick Mercer of Panache. http://www.mickmercer.com/
I beleive he's down your way, in Selsey..
The other gut, from The Poser, was Neil, I can't remember the surname.
I do see a copies of both up for grabs on ebay this week.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=7620498559
I plan to bid tomorrow as the deadline approaches.

Also, you could check out Ian Dickson, see
http://www.punk77.co.uk/punkhistory/photography.htm
for a nice pic of Ari. Seems like he might be living in Brighton.

joly

>Tuesday 23rd May- Tessa Poliitt and the new girls will be joining me on
><http://www.resonancefm.com>www.resonancefm.com at 7 p.m. UK time for an
>hour of talk and music.
>Featuring a short pre-recorded interview with Ari, Nadya, Anna and Adele,
>and the tracks which have inspired Tessa, Nadya, Anna and Adele, introduced
>by the group themselves.
>Two previously-unaired new Slits tracks will be played.
>Hosted by Helen McCookerybook, a complete amateur at radio shows (this will
>be my first). Streamed over the internet. Listen if interested!
>H McC
>
><http://www.mccookerybook.com>www.mccookerybook.com
>www.myspace.com/helenmccookerybook

WWWhatsup NYC