typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Jamie K. Sims: former Cosmopolitan

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Evan Davies <evandavies AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Jamie K. Sims: former Cosmopolitan
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 08:50:04 -0700 (PDT)

> And she adds that there’s a chance The Cosmopolitans might reunite for a
> show.<----Does anyone have any info?? thanx

as a former Cosmopolitans' drummer (hi Deb!), i can only say that i've been
doing my best to convince Jamie that there should be a reunion show or three,
and that i would be more than happy to play them! Jamie also mentioned in a
radio interview a few weeks ago that Nel Moore, the other singer, is also
interested, so i know it's not just me pushing her!

ultimately it's Jamie's call, of course, so i can't really speculate further
on when or if any shows will happen, but i will definitely let this list know
as soon as i hear anything.

in the meantime, interested fans may want to check out the Cosmopolitans
myspace page I set up at http://www.myspace.com/thecosmopolitans and also
this page set up by a very enthusiastic fan and supporter:
http://www.deaconlight.com/music/artists/c/cosmopolitans

Evan

---
http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/ED