typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] 3. Re: Post punk videos (robin dunn)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "shirley.o'loughlin" <shirley.o'loughlin AT virgin.net>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] 3. Re: Post punk videos (robin dunn)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:46:38 +0100

Title: 3. Re: Post punk videos (robin dunn)
Hi Robin,

Gina is working on this – she has 2 videos she directed one for Fairytale in the Supermarket and one for Don’t be Mean, and some great live material of 4 songs from the ep Extended Play from a show at LA2 in London with Steve Shelley on drums from 1994. We also have several bits of live footage on super 8 from 1979 with Palmolive and Vicky and some recent interviews with people we worked with etc.  So we are hoping to finish compiling this to release next year which will be the 30th anniversary of Ana and Gina forming the original band.

There is a South Bank Show about Rough Trade from 1978 which has a piece of the band recording Fairytale and of Essential Logic and the Normal – Brett kindly sent me a a version with Swedish subtitles - so sadly we can’t use this one but we have a contact with an original version.

So yes we are working on this- slowly slowly – but we really do want to release it next year.

Shirley O