typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] The Flowers

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] The Flowers
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:02:13 -0700 (PDT)

The Flowers were from Scotland...and lead singer
Hilary was I think married to Bob Last who ran Fast
Records/Pop Aural. Far as I know, they only released
the two singles on Pop Aural and the two tracks on
Earcom 1, which I think contain a different version of
one of the singles? I'd have to check...I may have
that confused with the later Mutant Pop compilation,
which has the songs from the first Pop Aural single
but in a different version?

there's a great website, almost complete, with lots of
info:

http://discog.lesdisquesducertain.com/fastpop/

dan selzer
acute records