typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Fw: The Raincoats this weekend

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Dina Hornreich" <dina8 AT cox.net>
  • To: "Typical Girls" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Fw: The Raincoats this weekend
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:30:47 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dina Hornreich" <dina8 AT cox.net>
To: "Jason Gross" <perfect AT furious.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] The Raincoats this weekend

Yes, I agree.

I'm grateful that TG catalyzed the reissue process (thanks to you, Jason -- and Slim and everyone whose name escapes me at the moment).

I think people who are savvy enough to notice the omissions from the Essential Logic retrospective probably aren't the majority anyhow. WW admitted to this as well when he said, "It's better to have music available in some form than none at all." All jokes aside, a Raincoats boxset does make me salivate but *I* can't make that happen, can I?

To be honest, I'm still sad about Andy from Linus passing away. I never met him, but he was a significant member of the TG virtual community.

-Dina

Dina Hornreich
dina8{at}cox{dot}net
http://home.earthlink.net/~dinahornreich