typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] rip china nishiura

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: mairead case <mcase AT nd.edu>, typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] rip china nishiura
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 06:40:24 -0800 (PST)

here's Todd P's statement regarding the show
cancellation, which he had booked, followed by a news
story.

Hello

It is with a lot of grief and weariness that I
announce that tonite's
DMBQ
and friends show @ Club Exit has been cancelled
following a tragic car
accident today.

DMBQ's van rolled from I-95 in Delaware en route from
Baltimore to
Brooklyn
this afternoon. All members of the band have been
hospitalized, as well
as
Michelle Cable from Panache Magazine and booking, who
has been managing
their tour.

Mana "China" Nishiura did not survive the accident.
China was DMBQ's
drummer, as well as the drummer in Shonen Knife. China
will be missed.

Michelle Cable is conscious following surgery for a
head injury. The
other
members of DMBQ are stable but sedated and are
expected to recover.

That's all the information I have.

None of the bands tonite nor I felt up to a rock show
following the
news.

We are tentatively planning to continue with
tomorrow's show @
Kingsland
Tavern as a benefit to cover DMBQ's travel and medical
expenses. If the
bands and I decide we can't go through with the show,
I'll send out a
cancellation.

Thank you for you support and your understanding.

Todd

Also:

<http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/new_jersey/13088435.htm>http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/new_jersey/13088435.htm

Posted on Sat, Nov. 05, 2005

Tourist from Japan killed in three-vehicle crash

A three-vehicle accident near the Delaware Memorial
Bridge yesterday
killed
a female tourist, seriously injured another, and sent
three other
people to
local hospitals, police said.

An Econoline van had crossed the bridge near Carneys
Point in Salem
County
shortly before 1 p.m. when a Mitsubishi Eclipse
clipped the van's left
rear
fender.

The van spun out of control, and careened over a
barrier on the ramp to
Route 40. The van - carrying four Japanese tourists
and a woman from
San
Francisco - then rolled several times down an
embankment and into the
path
of a Ford pickup truck, said Sgt. Stephen Jones,
spokesman for the
state
police.

A woman from Osaka, Japan, who was not identified
pending notification
of
her family, was ejected from the van and died at the
scene. The four
other
van passengers were being treated last night for
non-life-threatening
injuries. No other injuries were reported, Jones said.

Sam Wood